![]() |
| Matt Damon |
Michael told the Hollywood Reporter: "We did have a lot of pages in the hot tub. But Steven is very tasteful, and we have had a couple of sections choreographed so as not to embarrass anyone. We just got it on.
Look, I so tip my hat to Matt. I know in my prime, I don't know if I could have done what he does here."
Michael chose to appear in the film as it had an emotional depth and resonance, rather than just being a camp romp.
He added: "We knew, with [director] Steven [Soderbergh], this was not going to be about winking at the audience. It was not going to be La Cage aux Folles. This was a relationship between two people who loved each other a lot.
"I swear after a few minutes of watching it, I forget it's Matt and myself, and then I literally forget it's two guys.
"In their arguments in Richard La Gravenese's screenplay, you can hear a married couple having at it."
