![]() |
| Ed Sheeran was bullied in school for being a 'wierd kid' |
In an interview with website Take 40, he said: "I think everyone goes through a bit of bullying at school. Of course you get picked on for certain things, but I think it ends up being a positive. I was quite a weird kid when I was little, I wore big glasses, had hearing problems, had a stutter and I had ginger hair."
The 22-year-old singer feels the cruel jibes helped him "blossom" into the artist he is today and he was even left feeling "sad" for his former playground tormentors during a recent visit to his hometown.
He explained: "I am now a successful musician and I have nothing to complain about. So I have come out the other end and blossomed ... When I went home and went to the pub and saw the people who used to be d***s at school, it's kind of depressing. They not only haven't done anything but they don't know that there is anything out there.
"They are so stuck in their little world. So I feel sad for them - they are kind of being bullied by life."
