![]() |
| Alec Baldwin and wife Hilaria Thomas are expecting |
Speaking on TV show 'Extra', she said: “Alec and I are overjoyed that we are going to be welcoming a little girl into our lives.”
While Alec, 54, is no doubt thrilled with the news, he will now have to work on choosing a new name for the tot after previously picking Massimo if he and Hilaria, 28, had a boy.
She said: "[Alec] had the idea for Massimo the other day. It's a lovely name, I just don't know. That's a very big name for a very little baby.
"We have a different idea almost every single day. I think you actually have to look at it once it pops out and say, 'Who are you? What is your name?'"
While the couple weren't planning on having a baby so soon after their June 2012 wedding, they cannot wait to welcome the latest addition to their family.
Hilaria - who found out she was expecting at Christmas - added: "It was something that we both wanted - I don't want to say it was a surprise and we didn't want it - we were very excited when we found out.
"But we just got married in June ... so it was a really nice Christmas present."
Alec already has a 17-year-old daughter Ireland from his previous marriage to Kim Basinger.
