![]() |
| Sinead O'Connor |
Online the Irish singer had admitted that she was heartbroken by the breakdown of her marriage to Steve Cooney last April. She also admitted that she had been seeing a psychiatrist.
The mother-of-four left a string of messages on her website which showed her desperate fragile state.
_________________
READ MORE:
Sinead O'Connor a big hit at Lisdoonvarna matchmaking festival
Sinead O’Connor announces winner of her perfect man contest
Sinead O’Connor says she is ‘tired of being labeled as crazy’
_________________
She said the only reason she had launched an online search for a partner was due to her deep unhappiness. She explained “Truth is I only did all this for the last month cuz I was so depressed about my marriage breaking up and I got tired of crying.”
She continued “And tired of thinking I'm a sh*t person all day. So I thought I'd turn it into something funny. And it worked! And I had more fun last four weeks than I had for years. And had self-esteem.”
It seems that on Tuesday O’Connor had had a bad experience which tipped her over the edge. She said “Now I wish I was dead. No hope…Anyway…If anyone knows how I can kill myself without my kids finding out I did it deliberately please tell me.”
At 6.30pm she posted “I want to go to heaven so bad. Have for years…But I don't want to abandon my kids. But if I could die without them knowing I did it myself, I would.”
The alarm was raised by her Twitter followers were receiving a live feed of her posts.
Local police in Bray, County Wicklow were contacted by a concerned fan and a squad car was sent over.
On fan on Twitter wrote “So much love out there for you.” Another wrote “If anyone knows the lovely, clever, funny [Sinead O'Connor] can they go and give her the hugest hug.”
