![]() |
| Niall Horan |
Speaking to The Sun on Sunday newspaper, a source said: "It's all over between Niall and Ellie.
"They've split up. There was obviously a real attraction - but Niall's a young lad and wants to live it up."
The pair were first seen getting close at Virgin Media's V Festival in the UK last month, and Ellie later refused to open up about their then-blossoming romance.
She previously insisted: "I just can't talk about Niall. I won't ever talk about my love life any more because it's always then gone wrong when I have in the past."
The 26-year-old singer also admitted she had received some "interesting" messages from the 'Best Song Ever' hitmaker's loyal fans.
She added: "I've definitely had some 'interesting' tweets since the story came out.
"Thankfully I'm able to take it all with a pinch of salt because I've been told to be that way.
"I genuinely mean this - I don't hate on anyone, but at least One Direction fans are very passionate and my fans are very passionate too. I'd hate it if people didn't care about what they thought."
