![]() |
| Matt Damon |
Asked whether he's glad he can still take his daughters to school like a normal father, Matt replied: "It's been that way for four years and I don't know why it would change. Although I look at someone like Johnny Depp, who I think was afforded a certain amount of freedom for a long time, then he suddenly wasn't.
"For a long time he was doing great and interesting movies and was able to have it both ways. Then he was in a movie that was too damn successful. But those 'Pirates' movies are so much more successful than anything I've ever been a part of that I just assume that's another level. When you're at the theme-park ride level..."
The handsome star also opened up about his fitness regime in preparation for his new sci-film 'Elysium', admitting he struggled with it because he loves calorific treats and wine too much.
He told ShortList magazine: "It was a lot of work. Neill [Blomkamp, the director] showed me the graphic novel and there was a picture of Max [his character] and what he looked like, so I realised I had to go and do it. I exercised twice a day really seriously with a trainer. A lot of protein, and a lot of weight lifting.
"The working out I enjoy, it's the dieting I don't like. I like to eat and drink, and I don't like to be told that I can't. I associate food and a glass of wine with a job well done, and with victory. I'd be at my house with my kids and feel like, I'm a good guy, why can't I have a cheeseburger?"
